Important information and who we are:
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the South African Information Regulator. We would however appreciate you giving us an opportunity to hear your feedback and correct any unintended issues in the unlikely event that these may arise.
Data we collect
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of data that may or may not include unique identifying data (“Personal Data”) about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, age, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing, work or home address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, subscription information details, donations made by you, donation requests made by you, donations received by you
social media videos of you, social media likes/comments, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
How do we collect Personal Data?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
-Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by downloading, filling in forms or by corresponding with us by web, social media, phone, email or otherwise. This includes Personal Data you provide when you:
- Make a donation;
- Request a donation;
- Receive a donation;
- Send us a video
- Create an account on our Website or subscribe to our website or publications;
- Request marketing to be sent to you;
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- Give us feedback or contact us.
-Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our Website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this Personal Data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive Personal Data about you from various third parties and public sources if you gave such sources permission to disclose your Personal Data.
Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services based inside OR outside South Africa. Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources.
How we use your Personal Data?
To manage our relationship with you which will include:
- Asking you to leave a review or take a survey
- To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey
- To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
- To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you
- To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain Personal Data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
• We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think may be of interest to you.
• We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data & Video data to promote and market the Dance Donation cause on social media platforms.
• You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
Third Party Marketing
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your Personal Data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can opt out of any marketing messages or marketing campaigns at any time by logging onto the Website and clicking on the Opt Out link or by clicking on the Opt out link on any marketing messages sent to you.
We will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
Change of purpose
If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your Personal Data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Sharing your Personal Data
We require all third parties to respect the security of your Personal Data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your Personal Data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your Personal Data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your Personal Data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your Personal Data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your Personal Data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we process your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
Your Legal Rights
Please refer to the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013, for a view of your rights.
Dance Donation values your privacy and will not use your Personal Data in any way that is contrary to law or would jeopardize your rights to privacy and protection of your Personal Data.